1. Your Privacy
[JOY & PEACE] – trade name of Belle International (China) Limited (“[JOY & PEACE]”)("we", "our" or "us") respects your legal rights of privacy when collecting, storing, using and transmitting personal data and this PICS explains our personal data privacy policies and practices. Our policies and practices may be revised from time to time but we will inform you in writing in case of any such changes. If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this PICS, the English version shall prevail.
As a customer of [JOY & PEACE], you may be required to provide your personal data (“Personal Data”) to us prior to any trial or purchase of our goods and/or services (“Goods & Services”). Incomplete or incorrect data may prevent us from providing or continuously providing the Good & Services to you. Therefore, it is in your interest to provide us with accurate and updated personal data. Your personal data will be kept confidential but they will be used in connection with the purposes as stated in this PICS, or for other purposes after obtaining your consent or disclosed to a third party as required by law. "Personal data" includes any data relating directly or indirectly to an individual (such as names, occupations, addresses, contact details, ID Card or Passport numbers, date of birth, email address, telephone number, credit card information, age, marital status, information about one’s employer and income) from which it is practicable for the identity of an individual to be ascertained.
2. Collection of Personal Data
Your personal data may be collected when you make a purchase of our products or apply to join our membership programs. If you are under 18, you must obtain the consent from parents or guardians before disclosing any of your personal data to us. Some of the personal data requested by us are “essential” and must be provided to us for the purposes of providing the Goods & Services to you (“Essential Data”) whereas some other personal data are optional which may or may not be provided to us (“Optional Data”).
Essential Data will be required for:
- applying to join and/or maintain your membership under our membership programs
- accumulating bonus points as our member
- sending notification to you about your entitlements and privileges as our member
- arranging redemption of privileges as our member
- sending updated information about our Goods & Services to you and
- conducting data cleansing and customers profile updates
Optional Data may be required for:
- g. providing product suggestions to you
- enabling us to better understand the demographics of our customers for internal research
- conducting analysis for providing rewards, services and product information
- offering better tailored -made products and/or services
- conducting market research
- providing after sale service
- conducting customer satisfaction survey
- sending out VIP newsletters and VIP program updates and
- conducting direct marketing including but not limited to:
- ( i ) sending notification about new product launch and other promotional offers
- ( ii ) providing marketing reward programs, birthday celebration offers, free sampling, digital campaigns, roadshow/outpost, store promotion updates; and
- ( iii ) communicating joint promotion or events with shopping malls, department stores, credit cards companies, banks, celebrities, owners and/or operators of magazines, television, websites and mileage programs, cultural, art or musical societies/organizations, charities or nonprofit organizations.
3. Use and Transfer of Personal Data
The purposes for which your personal data may be used are as follows:
- provision of Goods & Services;
- promotion of the goods and/ or services related to the Goods & Services;
- conducting analysis, confirmation and/or verification of your credit, payment and/ or other status for the provision of the Goods & Services;
- handling of payment instructions, direct debit payment and/or credit card payment requested by you;
- day-to-day management of your membership account and/or collecting any amount payable in respect of the Good & Services; and
- your personal data will be transferred to our agents, contractors, telecommunication operators, credit consultants, security organizations engaged by us, credit providers, banks, financial institutions, and any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to us for handling and enhancing the provision and/or operation of the above purposes.
(If you do not wish to receive any marketing materials or do not wish us to disclose, transfer or use your personal data for the purposes described herein, please send your request together with your name, membership number (if applicable) and contact number in writing to the following address: 7/F., Belle Tower, 918 Cheung Sha Wan Rd., Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, H.K.
4. Direct Marketing
After receiving your consent, you may receive phone calls, emails and/or mails from us/our relevant affiliates and/or business partners for direct marketing purposes from time to time. If at any other point of time you do not wish us to use your personal data in direct marketing as described above, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying us. Please mail to “7/F., Belle Tower, 918 Cheung Sha Wan Rd., Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, H.K. – Marketing Department” or send email to email@example.com. No fee will be charged for this arrangement.
5. Storage of Personal Data
Pursuant to our policy, we will keep a record of all transactions with you in our course of business for a reasonable period of time for review and verification purposes.
6. Access to Personal Data
You can fill in our VIP application form which can be obtained from JOY & PEACE shops or request access to your personal information by writing to our customer service representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Based on the provisions of section 19 (1) of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (“the Ordinance”), we will give a reply to you within 40 days after receipt of your request.
- Under section 28 of the Ordinance, we may charge a reasonable fee for complying with a data access request. However, if your access request is to ascertain and/or make reasonable corrections to your personal data, we may waive the relevant charges.
7. Correction of Personal Data
You have the right to require us to correct or update your personal data provided to us. In this connection, you shall send your request in writing to our Customer Service Representative at email@example.com and provide us with the correct information. Pursuant to section 23 of the Ordinance, we will correct your personal data within 40 days upon receipt of your request without any charge.
All personal data provided by you will be properly stored in our customer service system and can only be accessed by authorized persons.
9. Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact our Customer Service Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries about our personal data privacy policies and/or practice or would like to lodge a complaint.
Please contact us on your decision
regarding the use of your personal data for direct marketing purpose.